Tuesday, October 4, 2016

OTD: Mom Jeans + Graphic Tee

It's been a hot minute since I did an OTD (and yes, if you're wondering, I have figured out that the correct acronym is OOTD, but, well...I like my way better). So I thought I'd share with you today's outfit, which is one of my favorite looks at the moment: a generic graphic tee tucked into mom jeans, plus a flannel and, of course, my mustard yellow Converse.

fashion mom jeans fall flannel ootd

I started with a base: cropped mom jeans from Pacsun and a vintage graphic tee that I dug out of my mom's closet. It's actually one of my favorite shirts; I cut the neckline and the sleeves, as well as the hemline to make it sit better on my body. Here, though, I tucked it into the jeans. I've been really into tucking shirts into high-waisted jeans lately. It adds some shape and feels kind of retro.


To pull the look together, I donned my staple Converse, and tied an Abercrombie and Fitch flannel around my waist. A button up at the waist can do wonders to tie an outfit together, and it's great for school days when the heat in every classroom fluctuates randomly; just untie it and slip it on for an added layer. I've definitely been overusing this flannel lately, but hey! It's autumn--flannels are unavoidable.


I got a new pair of glasses last week, pictured here, from Glasses USA, a super cheap online retailer. I was looking for some larger, rounder frames, and these do the trick. In my ears I've got some cool, dangly silver fish, another piece picked up from my mom.

And last but not least, I slung my trusty succulent terrarium necklace around my neck. It goes with so many of my outfits, and I love just picking it up to peer in at the adorable little succulent all throughout the day.

Let me know what you thought of this outfit, and if we're perhaps style twins!

L8r sk8r,
Ella

PS. After over two years, I got my braces off last week! Now Retainer Life starts, however. If you have any sage wisdom for me, feel free to give it.

8 comments:

  1. DUDE> youre whole vibe is perfect like I love it so much. you look 18 years of age but you arent that old haha I dont think... enjoy hs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuuuu. Nope, I'm sixteen, and trust me, I don't look this collected and mature most of the time.

      Trying to enjoy high school...it's sort of working. :)

      Delete
  2. Girl the mom jeans, plaid, and band shirt are SO MANY FEELS!!! Definitely something that is a staple in my closet. ;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss. Everyone deserves a good pair of mom jeans and a fuzzy flannel in their closet.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. *shouts even louder* THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU.

      Delete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.