Sunday, September 25, 2016

My Favorite Clothing and Accessories

Hello, hola, bonjour and ahoj!

Now that you've gotten your language lesson for the day, I'm going to switch gears to tell you about my favorite items of clothes, and the accessories that are near and dear to my heart. That's right, folks, it's another fashion post. Cause I love me some style.

mom jeans fashion pacsun denim
get them here
First off, I'm low key obsessed with mom jeans. This style of jean is gaining popularity right now, and it's something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime: high waisted, slightly baggy, hip-plumping jeans are all the rage. And honestly, I'm into it.

Obviously, before I went out and bought a pair, I sought out my very own mother in hopes she would have an authentic pair of mom jeans she was willing to hand over. Unfortunately, they weren't my size, which meant it was off to the mall to try and find an affordable pair of jeans.

As usual, Pacsun delivered. Gotta love that place. I picked up a pair of light/mid wash, true denim, cropped jeans, and I am obsessed. All I have to do is tuck a baggy graphic tee into them, pop on my signature yellow Converse, and I'm ready to go. A++.

converse yellow rubber shoes
find something similar here








Speaking of signature yellow Converse, they made this list, too. They're probably my favorite pair of shoes...ever. When I first bought them, I thought their bright yellow hue would clash with every outfit, but I have yet to find one outfit that they don't pair with (okay, maybe one, but Miracle Shoes don't exist). They're just so my style that I can't put together an outfit that doesn't include them. These shoes are living proof that fashion risks can pay off, big time.

succulent terrarium necklace
get it here




Wait a second, is that a...? YEAH, IT IS. This is a real, live succulent living in a tiny necklace pendant. My best friend got it for me for my birthday, and it's the coolest. It combines two things I love: unique necklaces and succulents. The latin name for this lil' sprout is Cremnosedum, but it's common name is Little Gemstone. Aided by the light and a little water once a month or so, it grows in this tiny terrarium. When it gets to be too big you pop it out and plant it in a pot. I am constantly amazed that I have a living organism around my neck. I would 100% recommend buying this for the plant lover in your life (hint: it might be yourself!). It's actually very cheap and you get what you pay for, plus there are multiple succulents to choose from.

denim bullhead pacsun jean jacket
find something similar here
Moving on to my jean jacket. Once again, I purchased this spiffy number from Pacsun, although the brand is Bullhead Denim. It's light wash, and slightly distressed, giving it that edgy vibe that I crave. I've made it my own by adorning it with tons of pins and buttons, which also happen to be some of my favorite accessories. Pins can say so much about a person, and add such an awesome, personalized flair to basically everything. This jacket is great for when I want to spice up an outfit that's lacking.


sunglasses earthbound round
get it here




Sunglasses are a staple of summer, which is why you have to make sure that you love the ones you have. Fortunately, I can say with certainty that I love these frames! I was surprised to find that the round lenses actually work well for me (and occasionally make me resemble John Lennon). My favorite part of these glasses, though, are the little, gold birds in the corners of the frames. It's an unorthodox addition to an otherwise basic round lens, and by now I think you know that I have a taste for the unorthodox.
graphic tees
find something similar here





In the last few months, I've come to love baggy graphic tees. I love slipping on a soft, comfy shirt and tucking it into a pair of jeans or shorts. I get my tees everywhere--my mom's closet, thrift shops, various events. Sometimes I'll cut them at the sleeves or the neckline, but recently I've come to terms with their un-touched form. The tucked-in-graphic-tee is one of my favorite looks right now, just because it's so chill, comfy, and I feel so true to myself and my style while wearing it.
necklaces chokers
find some sick chokers here and here






Say hello to choker neckalces! I don't want to sound like a broken record and tell you, "The nineties are back!" or whatever, so I'll just say that chokers seem to be blowing up right now. And for good reason! They pair perfectly with almost any neckline, and I love how snug they are against my throat. Plus, they are the most DIY-able necklace. I make mine out of ribbons, old anklets, bits of chain I have lying around, etc. (Hmm...do I smell a DIY choker post coming soon?)







So there you have it! Some of my favorite clothing and accessories. I'm sure my tastes will continue to change with age, but for now these are the fashion staples that I hold near and dear to my heart.

If you have a favorite item in your own closet, or you too love any of the pieces I've written about here, tell me down below! I love making fashion friends.

L8r sk8r,
Ella

10 comments:

  1. I live in my green flannel jacket, and I have this little black skirt that I seem to always wear. I too am a great fan of choker necklaces, although I've never been able to pull off mom jeans so I tip my hat in respect to you *tips bowler hat like a nineties gentleman*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tips hat in return* Thank you, ma'am.

      I'm getting pangs of jealousy just picturing your jacket! I've been on the hunt for a black skater skirt, so kudos to you for finding a little black number that works.

      Delete
  2. SO THAT IS THE COOLEST NECKLACE EVER!!!

    I really do admire your unique clothing style. I wish I could dress more like you do but it's not me! I love your blog Ella! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I love the necklace so much!!! My BFF really knows me.

      Thanks so much, Vanessa. I love your blog as well!

      Delete
  3. Aahhh all of your clothes are so cool!! I love your style and my favorite item was definitely the yellow converse and I'm probably looking for a similar pair as we speak. Mom jeans are also really in right now and I have a few pair but favor bell-bottoms that flare out at the ankles ✌👖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Converse are probably my favorite, too. I'm obsessed.

      Bell bottoms are rad!

      Delete
  4. GAH!!! I LOVED this post!! Your style is the b.e.s.t!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. THOSE CONVERSE ARE WOW. OH MY WORD. <3

    Fashion goals. ;)

    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.