Monday, August 22, 2016

OTD: Yellow Converse + Jean Jacket


Welcome to another...drumroll, please...Outfit of the Day! I was feeling stylish today, so I decided to put together a hipster/alternative outfit and I'm really happy with how it came out. Listen to me, talking about fashion as if it's an art form. Which it kinda is. 

CLOTHING:

Glasses: Maybeck frames from Zenni Optical, a super cheap online shop where you can order Rx glasses for really great prices. 

Shirt: Just a chill, green tee from a charity concert. I've been really into vintage-esque graphic tees from events or organizations. I used to think these kind of shirts were so dorky, but now I honestly love how they look tucked into high-waisted jeans or shorts.

Jacket: Denim jacket from Bullhead Demin, bought from Pacsun (my holy grail of stores). I've adorned this jacket with pins and patches, and even put my own homemade stamps on the back. I like it because it's ripped in the shoulders and looks slightly worn. Loving the distressed look.

Jeans: High-waisted jean leggings from Hollister. If you're a skinny bean like me, Hollister jeans are great. I wish these were actual denim instead of stretchy material, but I'm working with what I've got.

yellow converse rubber shoes

Shoes: Converse! This is a staple part of the outfit. I bought these full-yellow Converse on sale at a local shop just recently, and I have no regrets. The material isn't your usual fabric--it's actually rubber. My mom was quick to point out that they're "not breathable" but since I don't sweat very much I don't think it will be a problem. 

Some people might be hesitant to wear bright yellow Converse, but I'm loving them. They make a great statement piece and actually work with more outfits than you'd imagine. 


The two things that tie this outfit together are the jean jacket and the shoes. The jacket serves as a fashionable layering piece, and the shoes are a sturdy and eye-catching foundation. The look just wouldn't be the same without them.


Let me know if you're into this whole fashion blogging thing, cuz I honestly love putting together outfits.

L8r Sk8r,
Ella

6 comments:

  1. I love your shoes! I would never have the confidence to wear them myself but they look fabulous on you! I love your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so great to hear that you enjoy my blog.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen shoes like those! So yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's the appeal for me. Yellow through-and-through.

      Delete
  3. I want those shoes. now. like. really. now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cool? I'm sure you could find them online if you looked.

      Delete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.