Saturday, January 30, 2016

I Love Dancing (among other things)

Hey, peeps! Welcome back.

I probably should have written this post a week ago when the event I'm about to describe took place, but I didn't, so here it is now! Better late than never, amiright?

Last Saturday was my school's annual Winter Ball! It's pretty much my favorite night of the year. It's a semi-formal dance held at a hotel in town, and there's okay music and really bad iced tea and tasty snacks and lots of dancing. Let me get one thing straight: I love dancing. Whether or not I'm good at it is debatable, but there's nothing more fun than hitting the dance floor with a couple buds and rocking out to some upbeat pop music.

Besides the whole dancing-and-socializing aspect, dances have this specific feeling surrounding them. A feeling of anticipation, as if anything could happen. I think that feeling is one of the things I love most about school dances. It's like the night holds endless possibilities, and I'm just there to see what surprises the universe bestows upon me.

Of course, usually nothing tremendous happens. It didn't at the Winter Ball. But I had the best time ever dancing my heart out with all my friends. I did my makeup extra nice and wore a dress that had a faux-leather skirt and black lace top, which was super cool. I felt like a gothic princess. The Ball was amazing, as I had hoped, and I'm already excited for next year's. Only 51 more weeks go to!
Left to Right: Olivia, Maria, ME, Marika
Oh, yeah, and did I mention I dyed my hair purple? No? Well, I dyed a section of it a week or two ago. It's already fading, unfortunately, and I think I'll re-dye it soon. I've wanted to for a while, so I decided to just go right ahead and do it.

Anyway, that's what's been happening in my life. 

Later skater,
Ella

4 comments:

  1. I feel you, I'm not great at dancing but it's so m u c h fun. You can catch me dancing out to Fall Out Boy (badly) at anytime xD

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i love your hair <3

    i dyed my hair in the summer {the ends} twice and it was awesome. as soon as dance season is over {i have a 2 week break} i'm going to dye it again. i can't wait to.

    that ball sounds amazing. i love to dance too. i love your outfit, also.

    xx
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your hair and outfit!! :0

    Ava, http://landofquiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.