Monday, August 10, 2015

A Good Day

Today was a good day. 

I'm not going to go into the details, but I just feel like spilling something or other. 

I attended a bookmaking and block printing camp with two of my good friends, Olivia and Maria. We made cool books and prints and I got to spend six hours doing art with my friends, which was fun and entertaining and just a good time. 

At our lunch break we walked to a nearby park and hung out on the swings, because no matter how old you get, swings are still fun. 

After camp we went down to the lake, and carried our things in a wheelbarrow/cart sort of thing that was very tippy. We alternated taking turns riding in it, and Maria--being a rookie rider--looked absolutely terrified the whole time (basically the cart could tip vertical at any point, and it's not exactly a smooth ride). 

We splashed around in the lake, ate Chex Mix and Goldfish on the shore, and then headed back. I spit water on Olivia and she spent the rest of the ride trying to get me back with her water bottle, which involved periodically chasing me and tossing water my way, while Maria sighed and pulled the very cart she was supposed to be riding in. 

What can I say? Summer has never been sweeter or sadder or more full, and with school right around the corner, I might as well enjoy myself. And you should, too. 

Later Skater,
Ella

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a great time!
    Your camp sounds interesting!
    -Jollygirl
    http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lake sounds like so much fun!
    -V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds fantastic - and all summer days should be like this.

    I'm with you on your view on swingsets!

    I hope that you enjoy the rest of the duration of your summer.

    Kate x
    www.theteenaspect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.