Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Goodbye, Ninth Grade


Well, it's official. I'm no longer a freshman.

Today was my last day of school. When it finished, I had a hamburger at the all-school barbecue, and then went to get ice cream with Marika. And that was it. My freshman year was over.

Exactly one year ago today I was graduating eighth grade, moving on to greater things and bigger schools. And now 25% of my high school career has evaporated in what feels like a moment. I don't feel like summer has truly come. I feel like tomorrow I should be waking up and biking off to school. It's not summer yet. It can't be.

Alas, times flies by, and while nine months feels like nine days, I'm doing my best to accept that school is over and I am that much closer to graduating, going off to college, then losing all my support systems and being thrust into--gasp--the real world. That's a pretty terrifying thought, honestly. And I feel like it's all happening so fast. I just want to tell the world to slow down a little, to let me grow up, to give me some more time.

Ah, well. I know this summer is going to be a good one. So I'm just going to take a deep breath, calm down, and take it one day at a time.

Later skater,
Ella

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel I have one more day of school until I am a senior and 75% of my high school experience is over. Makes me nervous but I am so excited at the same time! Good luck sophomore year!
    Vanessa
    itsfearlessfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck to you as well.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I know how it feels, I just finished my first year of high school as well. Have an ammmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg summer, K?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does fly by - I'm half looking forward to the future, but the other half of me wants more time to grow up. Adolescence is a confusing time.

    I've got another five weeks until I break up for summer and to be quite honest, I can't wait - I'm so sleep deprived that I'll soon start to mix up my own name.

    Apparently I'm in the English equivalent of 9th grade now, and I have another year left before I start college, followed by university and then the real world. Time's really flown by - we usually don't even realise how fast it happens.

    I hope that you have a lovely, well deserved summer!

    Kate x
    www.theteenaspect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.