Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter and Passover to You

It's Easter/Passover weekend! Last night I went to a seder at my parents' friend's house. There were a ton of people there, and we all ate and laughed and talked together, and it was quite fun. My favorite Passover food is charoses (ha-row-sit) on matzoh. Charoses is basically chopped up nuts and apples sprinkled with cinnamon and mixed with a tiny bit of wine, and matzoh is kind of like a very large cracker (it's actually supposed to be unleavened bread, but that's basically just a cracker, right?). Anyway, it's delicious. We also had matzoh ball soup, and for the main meal there was a bunch of greens and vegetables and chicken.

Then today, of course, is Easter! I came downstairs to find some lovely little Easter gifts on the table. Chocolate eggs and bunnies, jellybeans, two new little plants, and to satisfy my new jewelry making hobby, a gift card to the craft store Michaels and a book on jewelry making! Then it was out to the backyard to collect the dyed eggs, as is customary, and back inside to feast on bacon and muffins.

All in all, it was a good Easter morning.









Ps. I made an Easter stop-motion-animation ^^

9 comments:

  1. I celebrate Eastover too! I love that charoses stuff as well, it's much better than the bitter herb or the horse radish (my tongue dies just thinking about it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, I'm not a horseradish fan.

      Delete
  2. Those photographs,beautiful.
    That video, amazing! :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your photos, what camera do you use?(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my mom's Canon Rebel T3i. It's a really great camera.

      Delete
  4. I'm Christian, and we don't normally to a Seder, but our teacher wanted to show us what they were like and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like Seders a lot. The food's really good.

      Delete
  5. Those eggs look delicious! :) I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.