Saturday, March 7, 2015

Frozen Lake

Where I live, we've just had a long cold spell, during which the lake froze over for the first time in quite a while. My family decided to take advantage of this by venturing out onto the tundra to--EXPLORE. Epic. I know.

It was pretty cool. The cracks in the ice were all spider-webby, and the ice was completely black in some places and white in others. We saw a guy fishing, too. If you can see in the photo below, we walked out to that little lighthouse, where there was a rotting trap door that opened into the inside, which was more like a little crawlspace. I went in, but all I found were a bunch of spiderwebs.
(note the lighthouse in the distance)
Chunks of ice/snow pushed up over the breakwater.
The lake.

6 comments:

  1. Wowow! This looks just amazing! It doesn't snow where I live, I wish it did. I've only seen the snow twice but this just makes me feel like I have to go and see it again!

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow can be pretty beautiful, but when there's snow on the ground six months of the year like where I live it can get tiring, too :)

      Delete
  2. That's so cool! My parents would never let me explore ice and lighthouses like that. They'd be worried I'd die after stepping on a bad patch of ice XD

    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about the ice at first, but it was actually really thick. And the lighthouse was a little sketchy, but very cool.

      Delete
  3. That is so cool.
    It doesn't snow where I live but it feels so cool when I look at photographs on blogs where it does :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can confirm it's pretty chilly where we are! Crossing my fingers and hoping for spring...

      Delete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.