Monday, January 19, 2015

How to Prepare for a Formal Event


Hello. This Saturday my school is hosting a Winter Ball--supposedly a formal event. It's being held at the Hilton, and we're supposed to dress up fancy and pay fifteen dollars a ticket--that kind of thing. I am by no means a fashion expert, but I thought I'd tell you a little bit about how I'm preparing for this ever-so-fancy occasion.


The first thing you're going to need is a dress. You should decide on your dress first, and find accessories second. Accessories have to revolve around the theme and color scheme of your dress. As you can see here, I picked a black and white one, which came from my favorite local dress shop. The brand is Gilli. The bottom half, if you can't see very well, is made of thick material stitched to look like it's knitted. I like how the skirt is intricately designed, but the top is sleek black to balance it out. This dress isn't extremely fancy, but it wasn't expensive and I think I'll be able to wear it for a variety of occasions.









Now you can move on to accessorizing. Pick accessories that are going to compliment your dress. As you can see on the left, for my necklace I chose a black pendent encircled by small crystals set in sterling silver, on a silver chain. My earrings came in a pack of six (bonus!), but the ones I'll be wearing are the black roses, to match the pendent. Then I decided to go ahead and buy a pack of bows--I think I'll use the black one in my hair. All of these came from Icing.
Moving on to shoes. I've had these boots for a while now, but I like them so I decided to wear them. They're fake black leather, and the buckles have studs on them, which adds a nice flare. The heels are small and not stiletto, meaning I can still get down on the dance floor without trouble. This is a dance, after all!








As you might have noticed, the theme of my fashion choices seems to be black! Still, I'm really happy with my outfit. I didn't show you my makeup here, because I'm not sure what it's going to be yet! I don't like to go so heavy on makeup, so probably just a little eyeshadow, a touch of eyeliner, and some mascara. I'll tell you how the ball went on Sunday. Do you have any events coming up?

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, preparing for a formal event! I have a book competition coming up, and I'm stressing because we have to dress nice and I'm not the greatest when it comes to that stuff...

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make sure you find an outfit you like. If you're going to buy something new, I would suggest going to a store and trying it on, instead of purchasing it online. Clothes on internet models don't always look as great on us regular civilians :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip! Great post! I really love the dress you have and the shoes!
    -Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit!

    howtolyfe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.