Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Person of My Own Making



I like to think
that I am a person of my own making,
unswayed by the forces that be.
But the truth is
we are all succeptable.
We are all stitched with patches
of other people and other dreams.
The hardest part
is looking at your owns hands
and realizing that you cannot graft onto you
what was born to someone else.
It is painful, I'll admit,
to rip out the stitches
you have so carefully crafted.
But in the end
it's only way to create yourself.

I was feeling particularly poetic this evening, so there you go.

4 comments:

  1. Omg. This was sooooo good and the message is one of which I feel is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing poem. It's so relatable... I'm actually at a loss for words, which doesn't happen very often.

    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces
    PS. I voted narwhal on this, because narwhals are freakin' awesome and they were our class mascotte in 10th grade :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, narwhals are my spirit animals.

      Delete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.