Saturday, September 13, 2014

Welcome, Autumn

The days are getting colder. The leaves are turning redder. The nights are growing longer. What does this mean? Fall is here!

Fall is my favorite season. Actually, my favorite season is usually whichever one happens to be present at the moment. Come winter, I'll probably be ranting about how much I love it. But that's a post for another time.
For now, I decided to just make a list of why I adore the season of fall. Enjoy.

1. Chai tea. My unofficial mantra is that chai tea fixes everything. One thing I love about cold days is that I can curl up in my bed with a book and sip cup after cup of chai tea. Sure, summer is an opportunity for a nice iced chai latte, but it's just not the same as during the colder seasons.

2. Fashion. I can't help but adore fall fashions. Loose sweaters. Long scarves. Knee high boots. I could never successfully pull off the casual look of fall, but I'm content with just pouring over photos of adorable outfits on the Internet while I sit hunched at the computer in my baggy hoodie and pajama pants.

3. Fall foliage. Where I live, fall means leaves turning brilliant shades of red and orange and drifting to the ground, leaving the branches bare and striking. There's something about walking down the street and hearing the crunch of crisp leaves beneath your feet that leaves* you with a feeling like no other.
*See what I did there? I know, I'm so punny. Whoops, did it again! Okay. Sorry.

4. Cool weather. I have a very low tolerance to cold (and I mean LOW), but I can't help but like the cool, fresh feeling of fall air. I like bundling up and going outside and just feeling like fall is here, everything's great, and Halloween is just around the corner. Which leads me to my next bullet...

5. Halloween. Must I explain myself for this one? Halloween is an opportunity to dress up in awesome costumes and get free candy. Who can say no to that? Even though this year I feel like I'm finally too old to go trick-or-treating, I'll still be content with staying home and sneaking Snickers out of the candy bowl while I watch Netflix. Plus, Halloween is on a Friday this year. And everything's better when it's a Friday.

So there you go! What do you guys like about fall? Let me know in the comments! :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get myself another cup of chai....


8 comments:

  1. So jelly ! we don't have fall in our country ... haha but i bet its really fun if we'll be having our fall in our country :) Love your youtube videos !

    xx
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fall is quite fun. Glad to know you enjoy my videos. :)

      Delete
  2. Autumn is my favourite season too! Summer's too hot and has a very high fire danger rick, winter's too cold and I get back chillblanes (that's not spelt right) and spring is full of grass pollen which I'm allergic to. I get really bad hay fever. Also my birthday's in autumn (Australia seasons).
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Fall fashion! I'm in love with it<3
    Spring used to be my favourite season, but after reading your post...hmmm i think its fall!:))
    Beautiful blog, I love the design so much.Followed you!!
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall as well! Nice post. :)

    Sarah
    P.S. Check out my blog? :) http://imsarahgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love your list! And I agree with you; my favorite season is really the season we are in, or about to be in. I love the cool, crisp, orange and red feel of fall. It's just lovely. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.