The days are getting colder. The leaves are turning redder. The nights are growing longer. What does this mean? Fall is here!
Fall is my favorite season. Actually, my favorite season is usually whichever one happens to be present at the moment. Come winter, I'll probably be ranting about how much I love it. But that's a post for another time.
1. Chai tea. My unofficial mantra is that chai tea fixes everything. One thing I love about cold days is that I can curl up in my bed with a book and sip cup after cup of chai tea. Sure, summer is an opportunity for a nice iced chai latte, but it's just not the same as during the colder seasons.
2. Fashion. I can't help but adore fall fashions. Loose sweaters. Long scarves. Knee high boots. I could never successfully pull off the casual look of fall, but I'm content with just pouring over photos of adorable outfits on the Internet while I sit hunched at the computer in my baggy hoodie and pajama pants.
3. Fall foliage. Where I live, fall means leaves turning brilliant shades of red and orange and drifting to the ground, leaving the branches bare and striking. There's something about walking down the street and hearing the crunch of crisp leaves beneath your feet that leaves* you with a feeling like no other.
*See what I did there? I know, I'm so punny. Whoops, did it again! Okay. Sorry.
4. Cool weather. I have a very low tolerance to cold (and I mean LOW), but I can't help but like the cool, fresh feeling of fall air. I like bundling up and going outside and just feeling like fall is here, everything's great, and Halloween is just around the corner. Which leads me to my next bullet...
5. Halloween. Must I explain myself for this one? Halloween is an opportunity to dress up in awesome costumes and get free candy. Who can say no to that? Even though this year I feel like I'm finally too old to go trick-or-treating, I'll still be content with staying home and sneaking Snickers out of the candy bowl while I watch Netflix. Plus, Halloween is on a Friday this year. And everything's better when it's a Friday.
So there you go! What do you guys like about fall? Let me know in the comments! :)
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get myself another cup of chai....