Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thousand Islands

Today we drove up from my grandmother's house to Thousand Islands, where we are having our family reunion. We met aunts and uncles and cousins there and then went to find the houses we rented. Where we are staying there are basically a bunch of beach houses by the seaway and everybody drives around in golf carts. No joke. The last time I was in a golf course my friend and I were just riding bikes around for fun and then all these people yelled at us to get out of the course. So we did. But anyway, golf carts are nice when the people in them aren't yelling at you. 

One of the houses we rented turned out to have a problem: it was infested with bees! Apparently there were bees all over the carpet or something. So we are in another house while they somehow get rid of the bees. 

Probably no one else has noticed this, but there seems to be a pattern of bees in my blog posts. First, a couple weeks ago, my mom's friend's son got stung at Bread and Puppet, then last week my mom's friend's daughter got stung at World Fellowship, then this week our whole house is full of bees. Coincidence? I think not. 

 In other news, tonight was a supermoon, meaning that the moon was huge, and all red during the sunset. It was actually really cool. (Sorry about the photo; it doesn't do the sight justice.)

More tomorrow! Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Kindred Spirit award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination, but I'm actually not doing awards right now. They are just a little too much work for lazy me. ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice post and photos! That's a bit of a bummer that the house was infested with bees!
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks that the house was infested with bees! Oooh, and the Thousand Islands? I love that place! Hopefully I'll go back there next year.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, all the bees are out and we are cleared to go back to the house!

      Yes, the Thousand Islands are so pretty!

      Delete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.