Monday, August 25, 2014

Birthday, Fair, Henna, and More!

Hello there! A ton of things happened over the last couple of days, so sit tight.

First thing's first, I had my birthday party, and I turned 14! I am officially a teenager! I know you're probably thinking, Um, no, 13 is a teenager, but in my head you're not really a teenager until your 14, when you're actually going to high school and such. Soooo…welcome to my real teenager life!

For my birthday party, six of my friends and I all went to the fair. It was, to put is simply, awesome. We went on tons of rides, some mild some incredibly scary and thrilling, we drank Coke and lemonade, and ate fried dough and fried Oreos. At the fair, they fry EVERYTHING. They had fried Oreos, fried candy bars, fried Twinkies and even fried pickles! They were called frickles. And no, I did not try them. Not really my thing.

We got there at around three and didn't leave until almost nine. We also went to the art exhibit, because I submitted one of my drawings (above). It won a green ribbon. I had so much fun, and hopefully all my friends did, too. Back at my house, we had pizza, and then I pulled out a box of Sharpies and a pair of new jeans and my friends and I doodled all over them. So now I have an awesome pair of jeans with cool scribbles and funny drawings on them.

Presents were amazing. My friends are awesome and they all got me cool things, including pretty shirts, cute earrings, little erasers that smelled like exotic tea, real exotic tea, a geode, a camping hammock and lots of other stuff. By the time we got done with all of that, it was late and everyone was tuckered out from running around the fair for five hours, so we decided to leave the cake until the next morning and go to bed. Two of my friends who needed to get up early went upstairs to sleep, where it was quiet, but the rest of us stayed downstairs and talked and laughed until 2:30 in the morning.

The next day we cut the cake and gobbled it up. Every year I get an ice cream cake from Ben and Jerry's, and this year was no exception. It even had a narwhal on it. The rest of the morning everyone just hung out, until at noon it was time for them to leave. One of my friends, however, is staying at my house because her parents are out of town, so she stuck around. My other friend stayed late and then jetted off on a Skidoo to her little vacation house across the lake. Yeah. Pretty cool.

My friend and I went home, and then put together her DIY henna kit and drew henna tattoos all over ourselves. It was super fun and they turned out really cool. You can get henna kits at craft stores or online, and I definitely recommend them as an activity to do with your friends.

Today, two of my friends and I went downtown and shopped all morning. We went to a bunch of stores, like Pac Sun and American Eagle and Urban Outfitters. I think Pac Sun is my new favorite clothing shop. All the clothes are so awesome and they have tons of cool patterns and I am just in love. Urban Outfitters is cool, too. And American Eagle was having a sale on jeans, so I bought a pair. All in all, I bought a pair of jeans and three shirts and then a few other accessories at a couple of different stores. A successful shopping spree, in my opinion.

Tonight two of my friends and I are having our annual day-before-school starts sleepover, and then in two days, BOOM, I'm a high schooler.

Oh, and I won't even mention the whole kid-pulls-the-fire-alarm-and-firefighters-come-and-evacuate-the-whole-restaurant incident. You're welcome.

Hope your last couple of days were as fun as mine!

6 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try henna! But my mom says no.. -_-
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. You could try to convince her by saying that at least it's not a real tattoo ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! That fair sounds so fun! Haha, they do fry EVERYTHING! One of the craziest things I've ever tried like that is sour gummy worms roasted over a campfire...Those were pretty interesting. I wouldn't have ate a fried pickle either...Yuck! I'm glad you had so much fun with your friends!! It's nice that you have a birthday in summer; mine's in the middle of winter =P YOUR CAKE IS ADORABLE!!! =) And I get a pair of jeans and have my friends write on them like that; it sounds like fun!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, fire roasted gummy worms. I'll have to try that sometime ;). You should definitely do the jean thing; they look so cool and original at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.