Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wedding

This morning we drove down to the beach. It was overcast but warm and the water was perfect. I got in and started swimming around, and I kept feeling all these little things brushing against my skin. I realized that they were jellyfish! They were tiny, clear gelatinous ovals about the size of my fingernail. They didn't have tentacles and they didn't sting; they were just little transparent blobs. There were tons of them floating around in the water. 

It started raining so I huddled under a towel for a while until it cleared up, then lay out in the sun for a bit until it was time to head back to the hotel. 

I took a shower, and put on my dress, and then we headed out to the wedding. It was at a scenic venue by a lake and the service was very nice. After the service we had hors d'oeuvres and then went down to dinner. We all had assigned tables and a little cute name card. At each seat there was a tiny bucket filled with colored taffies. They were so cute, and of course delicious. 

After dinner (steak) and speeches and such they opened the dance floor and people were going up and dancing. I am very socially awkward and hate dancing in front of people, but eventually I relented and kind of moved around a little while singing the lyrics. The music was loud enough that even at full volume no one could hear me, fortunately. There was wedding cake and then more dancing and generally I had a good time, regardless to the fact that the only person there who was younger than me was a tiny baby. 

Tomorrow we drive home. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I featured your blog in Sunday Showcase! http://wonderkid22.blogspot.com

    -Noor

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.