Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ukuleles

Things I Like #3

Ukuleles make me happy. As you might recall, if you read my About Me page, I play both baritone and soprano ukulele. If you're wondering the difference, baritone ukuleles are larger than regular ukuleles with different strings.

I used to play guitar, up until I was almost twelve or so, but I never liked it much. Then I went to a music camp, and they had a little booth where you could check out an instrument during the break periods, and I tried out a soprano ukulele. All during the breaks I would take a uke and walk around, strumming it. After the camp, my parents presented me with a brand new ukulele! And that is where my story begins. Or something.

This past September, my dad gave me a baritone ukulele to try. So now I play both baritone and soprano, and it is just dandy. Ukes are fun and easy instruments, so if you ever get the chance to try one, I highly recommend it.

Go Team Uke!

My soprano (bottom) and baritone (top) ukuleles


8 comments:

  1. The bottom one is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't the turtle cool?

      Delete
  2. Cool! Love the turtle one!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be able to play the ukele - beautiful blog!
    -Lauren xoxo
    http://pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoy yours as well.

      You should try the ukulele, it's super easy and fun.

      Delete
    2. I've always liked the sound of ukuleles, but never thought of playing one. Is it like playing guitar, or really different?

      Delete
    3. I would say it's a little different than playing guitar if you're using a Soprano, but very similar with a Baritone. I also think it's easier if you're not so good at stretching your fingers out for chords.

      Delete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.