Monday, July 21, 2014

The Liebster Award!

Two awards in one week! And both by the same lovely blogger (I order you to go look at Eve's blog immediately.) This time it was the Liebster award!

Let's begin, shall we?

RULES
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you, an then create an eleven-questions set for the next group of nominees.
3. Choose eleven people to nominate and link them in the post.
4. Let your nominees know they've been tagged--and no tag-backs!

Wow! Certainly a lot of elevens in there. Okay, here are my eleven facts.

1. I love writing.
2. I'm almost finished writing my first novel.
3. If it's any good I hope I can publish it.
4. I play the soprano and baritone ukulele.
5. Once I was biking home, and a squirrel leapt into my front tire, did a full revolution stuck in the spokes, and then jumped out and ran away. (Yes, random, but I just remembered it and felt like writing it here.)
6. One time when I was 8 years old or so, I looked out a picture window at night and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a transparent, glowing green doe standing in the grass. I was too scared to actually look at it full on, so to this day I'm not sure if it was real or just a trick of the eye.
8. When I was eleven I taught myself to ride my bike no-handed. It's fun. You should try it.
9. My all-time favorite show is 30 Rock. I have watched every single episode. Canceling it should have been a crime and I will forever mourn it's abrupt end.
10. Someday I want to drive all the way across the country with my best friends.
11. My spirit animal is the narwhal.

Eve's Questions:
1. If you could choose your own natural hair color, what would it be?
I currently have dirty blond hair. If I could have any hair color I think I'd choose a nice strawberry blond with lots of cool highlights.

2. If a dog started talking to you, would you...
A. Jump up and down screaming and run away at the shock of it.
B. Think you mind was playing tricks on you and walk on.
C. Start up a conversation with the dog.
D. None of the above. What kind of question is this anyway?
Ha! I'd like to think I'd be brave enough to go for C, but I'd probably be A.

3. How do you eat a Twix bar?
I just bite it. Is there any other way?

4. Would you rather keep your Christmas tree up for a year or wear Christmas sweaters for a year?
Not even a choice. Christmas tree up all year for sure!

5. If you had to dress in a certain time period's fashion all your life, which would it be?
I am not very educated on the fashion of other time periods so I'm just going to be uncreative and say the twenty-first century. Probably in forty years this style will be totally outdated and I'll look like a freak, but oh well.

6. Is there a food you eat that when you eat it you think of a certain memory?
Well...one time my family was going on a long car ride, and I was eating kettle corn, and then I got carsick and threw up on the side of the road. For years afterward the taste of kettle corn made me sick. On a happier note, whenever I eat polenta it reminds me of the first time I tried it. I was about four or five and my family was on one of our camping trips; I think it was in Utah or California, or possibly even France. Anyway, my parents cut up some polenta for me to try, and that's the memory I've associated with that food ever since.

7. If you could be the author of one of your favorite books, which would it be?
Probably the Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The writing in this book is just so beautiful and perfect, and puts just the right image in your head. I don't think I could ever write like that.

8. Who is the one person through history that you would like to chat with?
Hm.... I think I would have a little talk with Columbus, and yell at him for being such a jerk and treating the Native Americans so awfully. I know a lot of people think Columbus was a great guy, but he was actually pretty mean. He didn't discover America. There were people there hundreds of years before him. He wasn't even the first European to set foot in America; vikings were there long before he was. Take that, Columbus.

9. Is there a song that annoys you? If so, what is it.
Happy. Happy, Happy, Happy. I am not happy anymore, Pharrell Williams, I am instead extremely irritated because your song is incredibly overplayed and is slowly but surely driving me insane.

10. Would you rather wear flip flops in the winter, or a coat in the summer?
This is a tough question, but I'd have to go with a coat in the summer. For one thing, summer is much shorter than winter (at least where I live) so it'd be unbearable for a smaller amount of time, and for another, I have a very low tolerance to cold. Having my toes exposed all winter is just not an option.

11. Things you didn't get to do this summer:
Summer isn't over yet, but so far I haven't...
1. Gone camping with my friends.
2. Sold any crafts.
3. Finished my novel.
4. Had a slumber party.

That concludes the questions for me! Now onto the questions for my nominees!

1. What is your life goal?
2. Who is your idol?
3. Have you ever wanted to do something crazy or just be someone else for a while?
4. What is your favorite quote?
5. If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
6. Do you have and/or want any pets?
7. Do you prefer coffee or tea? (Or neither?)
8. What was the last book your read?
9. How many countries have you visited in your lifetime?
10. What do you think your spirit animal would be?
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?

Now who to tag? Hm....
1. Rose from Serendipity
2. Amelia from Amelia Grace
3. June from A Curious Pisces
4. Radiance from A Life Full of Radiance
5. Jessica Joy from (Almost) Perfectly Pink
6. Maddie from Just Me
7. Jollygirl from Reflections of a Jollygirl

I'm not sure who else to tag, but if you want to do this award you might as well just do so for the fun of it.

--Ella

2. If a dog started talking to you would you..
A. Jump up and down screaming and run away at the shock of it.
B. Think your mind was playing tricks on you and walk on.
C. Start up a conversation with the dog.
D. Non of the above. What kind of question is this anyways
- See more at: http://eveofwomanhood.blogspot.com/#sthash.67mz60Nk.dpuf

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about Columbus. He's a real jerk. Smh.
    And OMG I wish that they would stop playing "happy." I think that every time they play it, a little piece of my brain goes insane :)
    Thanks for the nomination :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominating me!!! It's such an honor. But, I'm still to really sure what the liebster award is. Could you tell me about it? : >

    ~Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, never mind, after reading through it, I understand it. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for nominating me Ella!
    June

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.