Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Styrofoam

Things I Hate #2

I have a problem with Styrofoam.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, or if it's just yet another of my strange qualities, but I positively can't stand Styrofoam.

For me, drinking from a Styrofoam cup is an extremely unpleasant experience. It's like it makes my lips feel all dry and it rubs against my teeth in a weird way--I really can't explain it. Styrofoam cups take all the fun out of my drink, and I try to avoid them whenever possible.

The sound of Styrofoam is also awful. It makes this squeaking noise when it rubs against things; I guess I could compare it to the sound of nails on a chalkboard (which is terrible, by the way). This noise drives me crazy. It's as if my eardrums are shriveling up.

Styrofoam even feels unpleasant. Touching it reminds me that at any moment I could scrape my nails against it and make it squeak, and I just want to put it down as quickly as possible.

And of course, Styrofoam is just bad for the environment. Get this: it takes Styrofoam OVER 1 MILLION YEARS to decompose! That's more than 1,000,000! Styrofoam itself was only invented in the 1940s, and yet it's going to be sitting in our landfills for a long, long time. I think that little fact in itself should be enough for us to quit using Styrofoam all together.

This inspired me to make some random little edits to convince people that Styrofoam is bad. Here they are.

 
You're welcome, Earth.

2 comments:

  1. You'd hate it even more if you drank out of styrafoam cups with my kids...the little ones always poke a hole through the bottom while the cups are full! Such a pain!

    Love your blog & you are highlighted on BBK so if you want you can grab a featured on BBK if you'd like but you don't have to at all.

    Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya...I traded my comp in for the sun these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. You should follow me on my blog!
    personal blog: http://twelvetenblog.blogspot.com/
    graphics blog: http://graphicsbykat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.