Thursday, July 24, 2014

DIY: Plant-in-a-Cup

Hey there! Today I'm going to show you an easy, fun DIY: Plant-in-a-Cup. Make your very own adorable cup plant.

What You Need:
A small clay pot, glass jar, or tea cup
Some good soil
A small transplantable plant (I like succulents like Hens and Chicks)

What to Do:

1. Fill your cups with soil (I'm using little clay pots I made a couple years ago.)
I used soil from our raised bed, because it's the best growing soil, but use what you can find.
2. Cut a little succulent and replant it in the cup. 
I used a Hens and Chicks sprout (right) and a little sprig of a succulent that I'm not sure the name of.
3. Add water and ta-da! You have a cute little plant-in-a-cup. Make more if you feel inclined. Put them on your windowsill and water them regularly and hopefully they will grow up big and strong. 
I couldn't stop making them! Aren't they just the cutest things, folks?
Hope you enjoyed this simple DIY! I'm driving to New Jersey tomorrow for my cousin's wedding, so I'll have more to write about. 

--Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, but if you have something nice to say please feel free.